I wanted to be city bound this Saturday but still wanted to do some dowsing. So on pure inspiration I decided to do some map dowsing. A few days ago I picked up a map of Barnstaple, the place where I am staying at the moment and dowsed as follows…
Basically I started at the edge of town (on the map) and traversed it, asking the question..
- Show me points that would be of interest to me?
At each junction I asked whether I should turn left/right/straight on as appropriate. In each new street I would ask, is there anything of interest to me in this street? If the answer was yes. I would ask whether it was less than half-way down it, etc until I had a rough approximation of where it was.
In this (rather painstaking way) I manged to plot 6 places on the map. Now it was time for phase two of my plan. Go and explore!
- The first place turned out to be a spiritual hall for gatherings/meetings and other such talks. Definitely worth further investigation.
- The second place was a purveyor of crystals and other such items at a shop called Aluna. Again definitely worth another visit.
Note that although the shop looks quite ostentatious it is off on a side street that I would never have found if not directed by dowsing questions.
- The 3rd place turned out to be a Arts and Crafts shop. Again it was well off the beaten track and quite aways from the town (walking wise). A great find, I have already thought of some projects to pursue.
- 4th was a hairdresser? I have no idea why this would be of interest to me? Hmmm?
- 5th was a Ye-Olde-Ancient book shop filled to the rafters with 2nd hand books. If I hadn’t just given up a couple of thousand books to charity I would have been sorely tempted to buy a few…patience!
- 6th – no surprise – was a graveyard. Oddly though it was out in the middle of nowhere with no accompanying church either. I was quite surprised because I had to go past a lot of warehouse type places to get to it. These obstacles weren’t on the map of course.
Wow! I had never expected such a great result from map dowsing. To be honest, although I believed it could be done, I wasn’t a fan nor did I think it would give such great results. Just goes to show you…
Another dowsing day, another skill learned
Kal Malik – Explorer