When Caileach deals the Tarot you had better pay attention! It was the summer solstice of 2015 and I was at the Hill of Tara. Caileach had appeared and dealt these cards…the whole tale is told here. But what was their meaning? Here is my interpretation, with the help of Bridget of www.biddytarot.com.
Here are some interesting aspects of the Magician card:
- The Magician is associated with the planet, Mercury – interesting because Mercury is in Gemini (for my birth sign)
- The number of the Magician is one, the number of beginnings. – which was one of things that came up as in the shattering of the spiral that Caileach did.
- A time in your life when you have the creative power and energy to create a new life cycle for yourself – again the shattered spiral comes to mind. Starting a new cycle sounds about right.
- A situation has been (or soon will be) presented to you that has all the inherent components to allow the manifestation of your desires. – Now that sounds interesting doesn’t it. We’ll have to see what turns up.
- Those desires may be spiritual (fire), physical (earth), emotional (water), or mental (air), and are each aligned with the four elements of the Tarot. – Interesting that I completed the Four Elements quest only 6 weeks ago in Florence, Italy.
Here are some points about the World card:
- Dancing figure, rejoicing in the completion of the journey and celebrating not only this completion but also the new beginnings – again completion and new beginnings. The theme continues.
- In each of her hands she holds a wand or baton, representative of evolution and balance – evolution…okay
- green wreath, symbolic of success, victory, achievement and accomplishment – more of the same
- The four figures (a lion, bull, cherub and eagle) represent the four fixed signs of the zodiac – Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio. These are symbolic of the four elements – again the four elements crop up!
- All of your efforts are finally paying off and you have reached the end of a journey or have completed a major life cycle. – more about completion and the end of a spiral
- Everything has come together, and you are in the right place, doing the right thing, achieving what you have envisioned, and feeling fulfilled and complete.
- the World card also heralds new beginnings that naturally emerge out of the completion cycle.
Here are some points about the Fool card:
- The Fool is numbered 0, the number of unlimited potential
- The Fool is shown at the beginning of his journey with unlimited potential
- He has a guardian in the little white dog who will protect him throughout his journey but who will also push him to learn the lessons the Fool came here to learn. – I wonder of Caileach is the white dog…let’s not go there
- Shows the highest potential for your life, reaching a state of renewal and new beginnings, where each day is an adventure and each moment is lived to the fullest. – Definitely feels like this.
- indicates that anything can happen and the opportunities are just waiting to be taken advantage of.
- Represents the need to set forth on a new journey, one that is completely unknown and will take you to uncharted territories.
- This is a time when you need to truly ‘believe’ and have faith in where the Universe is taking you.
- The Fool is always whole, healthy and without fear. He is the spirit of who we are, the spirit expressed and experienced as wonder, awe, curiosity and anticipation.
So what can we draw from these cards. Well they are all talking about a completion and setting off on a new adventure. What is that adventure? It can’t be the Wand Quest as that’s already begun. Recently the Element Quest completed, so is that the completion that it is talking about? Or is it more subtle than that? The fact that they all have the same theme and that Caileach smashed the spiral only minutes later has to have some significance. Or maybe it is the Magician Quest that seems to be on the horizon? Perhaps that is what it pertains to? And finally, there are some mundane projects coming into existence these next coming months. Perhaps it is those that are predicted? Time and hind-sight will reveal the answers. I, however, look forward with faith!
- if you are planning for the future, the Seven of Pentacles shows that you are taking a long-term view
- assessing where you can best invest your time and energy for the maximum output
- you have been working extra hard or putting in extra effort into something, it will finally pay off.
- You are likely to see financial or other tangible rewards for all of your hard work.
- you are now experiencing the rewards of hard work and effort.
- a card of celebration and accomplishment.
- is a message that the favour of the Universe is upon us,
- The flowers remind us of the good times in life, the sweet smell of success, and the beauty that surrounds us
- is representative of friendships and collegiate, harmonious relationships.
- You may find that by turning to your female friends, you receive the love, support and compassion you need right now.
- heralds a very sociable period
- This is a great time to let your hair down and indulge yourself a little
- For the moment, even though life’s problems go on, you can take time out to forget about the hassles of the everyday world and enjoy the company of your friends and loved ones.
- indicates the end or conclusion of any problems you have been experiencing, particularly those that relate to your interactions with others
- is also a very creative card, suggesting that you may pursue a creative outlet within a group environment, such as an art class or a dance class.
- is a sign to just ‘go for it’.
- Use your creative energy and passion to take the first steps and get this project underway
- is encouraging you to listen to your instincts and follow your gut.
- The important thing is that you act now, rather than spending more time planning or researching.
- Indicative of a time in your life where you have a ‘breakthrough moment’ and feel very inspired and motivated about a particular idea or passion
- showing huge potential at this time and are driven by a strong, creative force.
- a perfect time to draw upon your imagination and to make your dreams reality.
- it is but a seed that is yet to grow into something more solid or sustainable.
- It is almost like the spark that is needed to fuel a huge fire but you must work hard to build the fire up
Whereas the first set of cards spoke to me of more esotoric aspects of my life, these cards definitely call to the mundane (if it can be called that still) part of my life. Projects starting, taking the long view, working hard, going for it. Definitely all sing a harmonious song for me.
I wonder whether they are all applicable now or whether they represent a kind of past, present and future trend. Also I have a sneaky feeling that they are not only connected left to right. But also top to bottom too. I will review this reading again at the winter solstice to see what has played out in life. All I can say for the moment is…Exciting Times!