Unexpected angels

Unexpected angels

I don’t work with angels much. For several reasons. The main reason is respect. I respect the power and majesty of these energy forms so much, that my limited experience of them leads me to limit my interactions with them to moments of necessity. However, I don’t mind when the tables are turned and an angel decides to pay an unexpected visit! I was invited to join Debra Delglyn and her colleague Neil Brocklehurst. Neil was one of these people who I have somehow managed to avoid meeting for a long time, and so it was a delight to finally meet the man. He was a picture of calm and confident assurance. This man clearly has wisdom to dispense, and the fact that he was prepared to do so without a fee was humbling and deserved both my attention and my...

Creating a Healer at Avebury

Creating a Healer at Avebury

After Belas Knap in Gloucestershire where would a journeying Hedge Druid and Edge Wizard go next? Why, to Avebury, of course. Er….right. Because it’s an hour and half in the wrong direction! Nevertheless, somehow Kal persuaded me that there was time and a good enough reason. I don’t know what it was, but it seemed good at the time. Actually, what started as a good excuse to go to the Avebury village bookshop turned out to be a very revealing and educational affair. I learned a lot about the notion and initiation of becoming a healer, and now I know exactly what I will be trying to do on my next visit. Let me explain how Avebury stone circle can be used to initiate an energetic healer! 98, 36, and 12 I dowsed my way around the circle beginning at...

Spring 2015-P4 – Dark Shadows at Dale

Spring 2015-P4 – Dark Shadows at Dale

The next stop on our Easterly journey was to another place that we had visited only once before – Dale Hermitage. The hermitage is a rock-cut chamber scoured from the sandstone above the village of Dale Abbey. The abbey of the village name if a scant ruin now, and the hermitage is much more energetically interesting. As we walked through the wood the chill wind reminded us that last time we had visited it was Beltane and much warmer than today. We walked swiftly seeking out the sanctuary of the hermit’s shelter, yet I had time to stop at some new rabbit holes in order to pick up three small white quartz pebbles that caught my attention. We are just rock-shifters, after all. The Hermitage feels too nice to have Underworld qualities, despite being down...

A Meeting of Minds

A Meeting of Minds

Due to the nature of the way I work these days I am now coming across people who share my outlook on life. One such person is Debra Delgyn, an holistic therapist and shaman from Manchester. We had met weeks ago at a networking event and almost without having much of a conversation we just knew we would have a lot in common. Bless her, Debra made the effort to get us together for an afternoon, and so I decided to show her some one of the formative places that I had used when beginning my druidic training – Frodsham Hill. I have no idea why I chose this particular part of the hill – it was a cliff covered in green moss and lichen which shone with an eerie fluorescence against its red sandstone background. I think the site must have drawn my attention...

Recovering the Church of Michael

Is it wrong for a druid to be working for an angel? Let’s not even start that discussion! Let’s just say that I took the ‘case’ on and I am working it, like some kind of kindly private detective. This post relates to the direction I was given recently at The Druid’s Circle. There I was directed by Archangel Michael (who I will refer to as Michael) to take note of the direction of a rainbow, and to use that as guidance to find a church that was dedicated to his name. The indications were that something terrible had happened at the church which had changed the energies at that site in a drastic way. Michael had asked if I would take on the task of re-aligning the energies so that they would be compatible with his vibration again. It...

Light and Shade at Druids Circle

Another beautiful summer day, another opportunity to go out that is impossible to ignore. Kal texted one simple phrase – “Druid’s Circle?” Do they? It wasn’t a question – it was an invitation. I looked at the weather forecast – 60% chance of very heavy rain in that location. Still, I would be with The Sun King, the man who can make the sun appear anywhere he goes. He would be the other 40% of that prediction. On the way along the A55 towards Conwy the weather is dreadful – rain, thick grey clouds, and an unending dismal scene as far as the eye can see. Somehow, as we get within five miles of Penmaenmawr, the clouds all disappear in that locale, and as we climb up the tiny road to the parking place the sun is shining...