Posts Tagged ‘crop circles’
It is with something of a sadness that I report that the information I was given concerning the death of crop circles has turned out to be true. I hesitate to say that I foresaw – rather that the information was given to me by my former spirit guide, Theodora.
During our all-too-brief spiritual journey together she had introduced me to the wonders of crop circles. Up until then I had dismissed them all as fakes, having been conned into believing such by the intense backlash generated by their burgeoning appearance around the turn of the millennium. Theodora had shown me, on a walk to Wayland’s Smithy – that there was much more to the crop circle phenomenon than I had credited.
On that occasion I had partaken, participated in, and co-created a circle. Yes, I was there at the time of its formation. Not in it, but alongside it. I was aware of its formation, indeed my attention was directed towards its creation, as I walked past the field along The Ridgeway on my way between Dragon Hill at Uffington and Wayland’s Smithy. That event changed my view entirely. I knew then that there was something co-operative, co-creative, and yet incomprehensible about the circles.
I tried my best to find out who else was involved in making them. I knew that human input was required from an energetic perspective. We gave either the impetus, the creative impulse, or we were the conduit through which subtle forces could work magic to physically create the circles. Many, of course, were not created in this way. In fact, at one point I dowsed that up to 75% one year were man-made in their entirety. Yet, if ONE circle was not made by man, then that was incredible in itself.
The result of research by Kal and myself was enough to put us off any further involvement. We discovered that the work was partially through sentient earth-bound forces, partially by extra-terrestrial energies. The templates for the patterns came from “elsewhere”./ Beyond our planet’s confines. The physical work was done by Nature Spirits of one sort of another. The rest, as I say, was our own doing.
Then, in late 2010 at the very zenith of the numbers and spread of crop circles, I was given information that stopped me in my research totally. There would be no more crop circles after Summer 2012. Beyond that, only man-made circles would appear. Whatever messages was encoded into the circles was no longer going to be given to us in this way. Crop circles as we know them would end.
Today, I invite you to take a look at this year’s “crop”. They are scruffy, simplistic and pathetic. So few of them! The ones that are there are obvious man-made fakes. The phenomenon has indeed come to an end.
So, did we lose our chance? Did we miss the message? I don’t think so. Many people were profoundly affected by the circle phenomenon. It woke so many people from their day-to-day slumber that it served such a purpose if nothing else. I also think that there are messages in the circles. These messages can be brought out to those who co-created them. I am going to start the work off by re-examining the message in the circle that I co-created, and I will reveal that information in a future post.
For now, I am left pondering what all this means for me. Why was I allowed the insight that crop circles would be ending? What does this mean for my relationship with the forces that produced them? Will I ever experience anything like the feeling I used to get when standing in a real crop circle?
The closeness to The Other….
the energy ….
…the feeling of being a living part of a huge information stream…
The first thing I learned about crop circles was that some of them are “real”, and that it was possible to have a relationship with the makers which would profoundly affect your life.
A naughty play on words because recently I posted to say that I believed that 2012 would see the death of crop circles as a phenomenon, and then I went on to predict the number of genuine circles that would appear this year. I have been given some more information, or should I say, I have “felt” that there will only be ONE crop circle that is of importance to me this year. When that circle appears I will have to just go – go and be there in it – absorb its energies – feel its meaning.
However, it’s not looking likely to appear! I went to CropCircleConnector as usual this May and what did I find? 3. As I write this in June there are three circles listed in May and four in June. And only one of them looks vaguely interesting except that on closer inspection the edges look very ragged, and the design is quite plain. The lay of the crop looks all skewed too. Not sure about this one at all.
That’s it. Seriously? Three in May? Four in June? And they all look “hand made”. Looks like the information that was offered to me last year is heading for fulfilment. Of course, the moment I say that there will be a raft of them appearing. Yet, at the moment, things are looking strangely quiet in the world of the crop circle phenomenon!
I know it’s very early in the year to be talking about crop circles, but this post has been hanging around for ages and it seemed like a good idea to get it finished and out there now, so that our beloved readers could be thinking about the ideas and having a good laugh when the weather is cold and bleak! We do like to entertain and amuse as well as inform and mystify. Back in the beginning of August 2010 I made a prediction that the Summer of 2012 would see the end of crop circles as a phenomenon.
“Crop circles will stop appearing by 2013. The peak of their complexity will be the Summer Solstice of 2012.” (source: a guiding divinity)
Actually, the results I got were that 2012 would be the year of their cessation, but at the time I interpreted that as meaning that June 2012 would see their ultimate expression, and thus there would be no further non-man-made circles in the 2013 season.
This information was dowsed in the centre of a crop circle but at the time, at what felt like the height of crop circle phenomenon, it seemed like a wild and crazy prediction born of a dowsed result in which I couldn’t really place much credibility other than my own judgment of how good I was at dowsing. However, the result was in keeping with the wild and crazy information that we were getting about the way that crop circles were created (certainly the non man-made ones anyway) .
Having pretty much given up looking at crop circles (because I couldn’t decide what their use was, and I was completely put off by the idea of their potential creators) it was a sudden moment of inspiration that reminded me that I used to go and look at the crop circle formations avidly last year, but that this year I hadn’t even bothered to review them at all. Not once! And it was June already. The crop circles for this year would surely be at their absolute peak of the season now, so I should go and take a look at the gallery on Crop Circle Connector.
I wanted to back up my theory with some statistics showing that the 2011 season figures were quite different to previous years, but getting hold of this information is quite difficult these days. Crop circles have become a business, and if you want the figures you have to pay the cash to join the various circle sites that record these figures in their databases. All these database differ in terms of the numbers recorded for 2011 anyway, so I guess comparisons are ultimately quite futile. Suffice it to say that at least at the beginning of the year i was quite surprised at how slow the season got off to, and the distinct lack of quality in the circles recorded. Beyond that, many of the professional-looking circles that began to appear in June and July just looked faked anyway! But all of this is now opinion, and academic at that because I don’t have any evidence to state my case properly.
[UPDATE] Having listened to the Red Ice interview with Colin Andrews I feel somewhat more justified in my statements now. Here is what Colin said about the recent circles:-
“”I think the quality – or the lack of quality – in the last few years of many of the designs – it’s fairly obvious to most people that really were looking at this and being honest with themselves that most of these were being made by [the] people. I can tell you for certain, because of my information, yes they were!”
Speaking of the future of crop circles after 2012 he says: “I think we can predict something new coming here…there’s every reason to suspect there will be new phenomena.”
I don’t want to put too much emphasis on differentiating ‘real’ and ‘man-made’ circles because in terms of their impact upon our consciousness all crop cricles may have relevance, but personally I concentrate my efforts to understand the phenomenon by dealing with the unexplained circles.
What opinion does this leave me with concerning the 2011 crop circle season and the implications for my 2012 prediction?
- If all circles are created by humans then the good circle creators don’t seem to have been particularly motivated in 2011
- Some 2011 circles were obviously created by humans, and this is likely to continue because people now depend upon their appearance
- The ones that were given to us by non-human sources may have served their purpose after an important Midsummer 2012 message?
Watch with me as the 2012 season emerges this year. Let’s see if the quantity reduces from 2011 (52?) and if the complexity increases to a crescendo in mid-June, before the phenomenon of non-man-made circles disappears completely. Let’s keep meditating on their message and see what emerges this year – I think it’s going to be important somehow to our spiritual development. During the year I will be watching the developments closely and will try to add my opinions as we go along.
According to my dowsing, the number of real non-man-made crop circles to appear this year are:-
- APRIL – 2
- MAY – 7
- JUNE – 10
- JULY – 15
- AUGUST – 3
I also predict there will be a final message in the circles of August 2012. Predictions always make everyone involved look foolish, so I’ll be the first to say that those figures are impossible to prove one way or another! The interpretations of the messages are even harder. So, whether you visit some circles this year or not, enjoy the ‘final’ ‘true’ season!
UPDATE: Red Ice Creations web site have got an interview this month with Colin Andrews – a ‘founding father’ of crop circle research. I would recommend listening to at least the first hour. In the second hour (for subscribers) he goes on to talk about the 2012 season in particular.
It seems sort of fitting that this post is the 400th post on this blog. We have come a long way since we started in late 2008. All of that seems so long ago now, because so much has happened since then. We have grown. So I present the 400th post – a summary of the year’s work for 2010.
Like Kal I intend to do this summary in a single post. Last year it spread across about seven posts. I have learned to be more disciplined in this last year, and I will keep it to one. So, having sifted through all the millions of posts this year here are the absolute best bits. I didn’t believe that 2009 could be bettered, but I was wrong – 2010 was a vintage year that will live long in my memory, and below you will find out some of the reasons why.
Meeting and integrating with the spirit of Merlin
Things had been progressing towards this all year. Firstly I had met Arthur’s shade at Tintagel, and he tasked me with keeping Merlin’s legacy alive by connecting up and re-energising sacred sites. Then shades that I interacted with began to call me “Son of Merlin”, which I took to mean “follower” rather than literal progeny, or “spiritual inheritor” perhaps. Finally, at Dinas Emrys, it all came together and I descended into the Underworld to meet with Merlin’s shade, and as we emerged onto earth we merged in a kind of Rosicrucian marriage of male and female energies.
Of course, all of this can and perhaps should be seen symbolically, rather than literally. It works from any point of view – psychologically as the culmination of some form of inner desire, or as a desire to perpetuate a myth symbolically because it serves some psychological purpose. I’m sure it could be read many ways. For me, it was the fulfilment of my magical self. It was the integration of the intention with the delivery. It was the satisfaction of the edict “Make magick manifest”.
Meeting Brian Conquer and Feeling The Goddess in Glastonbury
Man, I almost forgot this. I was thinking about something completely unrelated and suddenly the whole experience came back to me and I had to add this bit into the post on 14th January 2011.
I remember being at the Chalice Well Gardens this year and meeting Brian Conquer, “Just a silly little Hedge Druid” as he described himself to some American tourists in search of free wisdom. I was intrigued by him - his eyes told me he knew many things and together we scolded those who leave Nature in a mess and praised those who make their own tools with love and care. That made me think of Oonagh.
Later, as I walked around the grounds he caught up with me and gave me a precious gift – a rugged clear quartz crystal. “Take that and go stand between the yew trees.” he instructed with a twinkle in his eye. “Call for the goddess.” I did what he said and minutes later she responded by visiting me – getting right inside me - expanding my aura to an incredible size and strength. So much so that a lady who was standing behind me went nuts, “Oh my God!” she kept screaming, “That’s AMAZING!“. I knew. I was feeling it. A stunning unforgettable moment for which I will repay Mr Conquer one day. 2011 is my year of service, after all.
WHAT I LEARNED
Here is a list of the twenty most valuable lessons that I learned from this year’s tasks, quests, encounters and experiences….
1. Sacred sites have an energetic imprint that can be dowsed. This imprint or sigil can reveal information about significant dates associated with the site. For example, the date when the site is most energetic, or the date when the site was created. Some reveal a sigil specific to the resident Genius Loci.
2. Most sacred sites have some form of astrological alignment – either they are oriented towards the Sun, Moon (as calendars), or they may be designed upon a sacred number that is associated with a particular planet, or they are imbued with (or resonate to) the frequency of energetic emanations from particular stars. Often particular entrances can be found that align to celestial bodies, or significant stones are aligned to these heavenly objects are particular times of the year. These then act as guides to the types and timings of subtle energies within that sacred space.
3. There is a fourth kind of subtle energy beyond the male, female and neutral forms – Primal Energy. This is energy without gender association, and which has yet to be shaped or transformed by any agency such as the sun, moon or human. We recognised it first in crop circles, but then realised that we had been dealing with it energetically for some time without knowing what it was. I do nto have a clear distinction in my mind between primal and neutral energy forms and this is something I will endeavour to clear up in next year’s work.
4. It is possible to imbue objects with energy such that they can retain that energy and it can be drawn out from the object at a later date by those who are aware of it. The energy imbued is in a primal energy form – neither male nor female until shaped after extraction. One one occasion I absorbed the remaining spirit energy from an ancient dying oak tree before it was lost completely.
5. It is important to have a purpose when visiting sacred spaces. Having a purpose means that the rewards from the visit are less random, and the information can be chained together over a period of time leading to pools of new insights, rather than just patches of new knowledge.
6. Spirits are real. Whether these be further sub-divided into spirit, shade or ghost I have come to learn that they have a real existence beyond my imagination. This has seen a complete reversal in my belief system on these subjects. Previously I imagined them to be something created by humans, or were simply an expression of Nature in her many forms. Now I know that they are sentient and purposeful in their own right, and only an expression of Nature insomuch as we are all an expression of Nature.
7. I have developed trust and lost a fear of the dark. By walking barefoot at sacred sites for much of the year, even at night, I have learned to overcome my fear of being hurt, and to place my trust in those spirits who are concerned with my welfare.
8. The earth’s energy grid is in need of healing. I have been led to this conclusion by many different experiences over the year. At the start of the year I was told to go and re-awaken some sites. Later I would re-energise and link sites up. After that I would create my own neutral energy bridge between sites after pledging to take this role on, in the spirit of Merlin. I suspect that we have simply demolished, destroyed, desecrated and saturated too many of our “earth acupuncture” points on the earth grid upon which our islands lay. I feel it is my task to make what efforts I can to re-energise these points, especially after the death of Hamish Miller this year.
9. Arbor Low is a hub for neutral energy lines. This finding sparked a deep investigation into the nature of neutral energy. We later found that this sacred site was particularly beneficial for learning. I spent a time tracing where these neutral radial lines went to and found some amazing correlations which all need further investigation.
10. Stimulating, cleansing and closing the Chakras are a means to controlling the flow of subtle energy between the human energy form and other energy repositories. I spent a long time this year working through these processes at various sites and found the whole process very mystical and beneficial to my understanding of how the human energy system can be controlled.
11. The sacred geometrical numbers five, six, seven, eleven and twelve kept cropping up this year. Particularly, ’5+7=12′ and ’5+6=11′ were important equations. The 12 equation represented the current order of things: five being man, seven being spirituality and twelve being civilisation. The 11 equation seemed to represent an alternative or older way of thinking: five being man again, six being magick, and eleven being a bridge between worlds. It was like I was being shown that there was an alternate route to a higher consciousness through other numbers than those which society currently enshrined.
12. My spirit guide can be communicated with via symbols of crosses, particularly ancient Celtic crosses. It took a visit to Ireland to discover this, but I have since found it useful in this country too. I haven’t found out why this is so yet.
13. Wounds from the past can be healed by acts of redemption in the present. I found this out when I was encouraged to clean up a local pond. I took a day off work to do it. No-one saw it, no-one helped me, but when I had finished I had healed a deep distant scar from yesteryear.
14. The Arthurian metaphor works best for me. The symbols of the dragon (spiritual energy), Merlin (celestial energy), Arthur (earth energy) and all those associated medieval concepts – these are the images that I work best to interpret and bring through into my magickal learning. There is no value in my spending time learning any other symbol system or lore.
15. The star Sirius has emerged as an important energetic influenceon many things – it affects fertility, offers protection from harmful radiation, is a facilitator of the enlightenment process, radiates a blue light that resonates with our throat chakra, and it provides a strong motivational energy.
16. Weather systems are very complex and shouldn’t be toyed with. It almost didn’t need saying, yet I learned a valuable lesson when I tried it.
17. Crystals and incense are valuable tools for creating the right atmosphere, and for taking the burden when performing magickal rituals. I am now well stocked with both and appreciate their value after extensive use this year.
18. Giving promotes the right state to receive. This year I have done a lot of energy healing on humans and sacred sites. I have also done more charitable work than ever. All of this has been done unbidden and I in return I feel that I have been offered more gifts than I can possibly take on board. I hope to continue with this form of work.
19. Using the proper respect when dealing with sentient entities has led to easier access to their knowledge and beneficence.
20. Coloured energy lines can be used to reveal a picture of the energy status of a site. For example, black lines indicate an unhealthy influence on the site, whereas white, gold and purple lines are very positive and healthy. This is an area that deserves a more detailed examination next year.
THE HARDEST LESSON
In amongst all of the good things that happened there were some hard lessons. If I were to resolve all of those lessons down to the one important factors that is going to change the way I view life then it would be this…
The leprechaun energies of Ireland taught me that. Now I pay special attention. Signs generally are more worthy of our attention, especially if we are following the ‘flow of the universe’ through the ‘wheel of the year’ (see glossary). The more in attunement with Nature, the more we should pay attention to her signs.
The consequences of ignoring signs deliberately can be dire and dramatic.
NEW PATHS STARTED
When the Wheel of the Year turns around to a new year it is very difficult to see where the rotation of the wheel will take you on that journey, or what wonder you will pass on the way. This year here are some of the new paths that I have ventured down, or threads that I have picked up from previous years’ work.
Spirits (including Siddha). Specifically I have become attuned to and aware of a spirit guide. Beyond that I have extended my awareness to include a spirit helper for healing, and have acknowledged a spirit guardian. Up until this year I would say that I was one of the last people who would have acknowledged these forces, yet they have graciously made their presence known when requested to do so, and I have received nothing but help and kindness from them.
Shades. I had no dealings at all with death energies of energy forms until Kal relinquished his dealings with them part way through this year. Then, from that moment on, I seemed to get requests to learn about and deal with shades. Shades, as we denote them, are the remnant energy forms of spirits that once inhabited human bodies. Having moved on they can leave a form behind unless this energy is grounded properly (as it was in earthen mounds in ancient times through ritual and right attitudes to death).
Ash staff. I have found and restored an ash staff this year. It is now one of the most treasured objects that I take with me to sacred sites. My interactions with the staff have been crucial this year, and it has become a powerful druidical tool for me to wield out in Nature.
OLD PATHS DISCARDED
Of course, no path is ever completely discarded – it is only passed by on this journey. Later in the journey the path may re-appear. However, these are the aspects of my spiritual journey that I have chosen not to pursue further unless I need to.
Crop circles. After finding that they were created by extra-terrestrial forces and then filtered through Siddha, we gave up trying to understand their relevance to us on our spiritual quest. They remain an interesting quirk that I predict will end by 2013.
Tarot. Although I have found a talent for using the cards I have found little use for them despite believing that I would. I am not discarding them completely, and I encourage anyone to use them if they would be of value, but for me they have little use compared to the inter-relationship with spirit forces. I think the cards are just a means to access this same information anyway, and I now prefer a direct spiritual connection rather than a symbolic one. Again, I re-iterate, they have their uses, but I don’t see much use for them myself. Watch next year be totally dominated by tarot now!!
There always seems to be something unexpected arising on my journey. This year I have been surprised by getting involved in the following things….
- Shades and spirits – thought they we a bit of nonsense, actually, but found I was very very wrong. Might all still be in my mind, but if that’s the case then my mind is very very wrong!
- Charity work – I wasn’t one for doing “good deeds” until this year. Then gradually I have been finding myself saying ‘yes’ to more and more events, and going off doing things just for the sake of it and without recognition or reward. Most unlike me! But I like the new me.
- Psychics – I met a psychic and listened to him rather than laughed at him. Well, I could hardly laugh at him now that I was talking to spirits myself! Anyway – turns out he made a great deal of sense, and has been very insightful. I am pleased that I was led along this path to meet him.
WHERE THIS LEADS ME
Looking back I think that all of this leads me to begin the next year by turning my attentions to the following areas:-
Sacred geometry – I kind of left this one hanging, but I mean to dowse for the sacred structure of stone circles and see if this has an astrological correspondence.
Earth energy grid – I want to determine why certain sacred sites seem to be linked together energetically, and if those links are damaged I want to set about repairing them, to restore the sites to their full working capacity where possible.
Book – yes, folks, I have been ‘advised’ that I should write a book. Never one to question the muses I will be putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) almost as soon as this post goes live. I don’t even know what it’s about yet, but I’m hoping ‘unseen forces’ can help there. I hope to post status updates through next year.
Of course next year I will continue to follow the seasons and the Wheel of the Year, but I suspect I will not be as keen to mark every full moon. Yet the full moon is definitely an indicator for me that the energies around that time can be put to good magickal use and I will continue to preference dates close to full moons as opposed to their strict calendrical dates.
This year has been the most remarkable year of my life so far. Thanks, as ever, to my faithful sidekick Kal for his courage, inspiration and motivation - he truly does make this all worth the effort. Thanks, too, to those who have helped me. That includes you. dear readers, who have have witnessed my remarkable year on these pages, and I hope that you too have been inspired to go out and make your life’s quest as meaningful and magickal as you can. I am looking forward to what next year will bring if only to see if it could possibly match the wonders of this year.
Happy New Year, folks.
Yesterday Gwas and I took the long trek to Somerset to explore this years Crop Circle phenomena. Gwas will of course tell his story, however most, if not all our results concurred. Below I will tell my results. Like them or not – this is what the Dowsing rods + a bit of intuition said…
The Aliens and something else
The above crop circle is the first we visited and where we gained the majority of our answers…
- Humans didn’t make the circle
- Aliens (that now live on this planet) in conjunction with entities we describe as Siddha created the crop circles (see Gwas’s post for details of Siddha).
- It was created in a time of about 21 minutes
- It was created using balls of plasma energy
- There is a residual “Primal Energy” – which is neither male/female or neutral in characteristics. This can be used by people visiting the site (Primal energy can be used to create any of the other 3 types).
- It was placed in this location because of the Energies of the area i.e. Somerset and not so much because of local earth energies.
- The energetic center was off in one of the side circles not in the central one (which incidentally where many people were sat).
- The circle was used as some kind of marker, but not to do with UFOs landing. More as a message being sent out to other aliens.
I know they sound crazy, personally I dont know what to think, but that is what the dowsing rods reported.
The second circle
We visited was this one…
We took a really long hike (due to my bad navigation) to get to this one, but the walk took us through some lovely wooded areas so it was worth it.
There wasn’t much to add to the knowledge I gained at the first one. So since the sun was out, I just decided to enjoy the weather and discuss theories with other people at the site.
The third and final circle we visited was purely a “Gwas” experience and so I will leave it to his post
On the long journey home Gwas and I discussed and argued about all manner of things, which had me reflecting thus..
All about numbers and a sustained argument
I have to say I have a deep love for my friend Gwas, we have been friends (best friends I would say) for more years that I want to count. In all that time we have many heated arguments and debates all around the wonderful mysteries that life has to offer. From exploring the works of Castaneda and Altered states in our earlier wrangles to our latest one yesterday on the exploration of sacred geometry and numbers.
The topic is inconsequential to you readers as is the results of the debate. What is important is to have someone at your side who will battle against your suppositions, logic, rational and intuition. Such a sounding board for me has been invaluable in my explorations.
Gwas and I are on paths that often cross, but they are by no means copies. As demonstrated by our constant splitting up at sacred sites and doing “our own thing”. In a journey such as ours to have a friend who is ready to point out inconsistencies with an intensity to push through any “armchair” beliefs is about the best thing you can have.
But one who knows to put healing balms over injured beliefs is doubly blessed. Such has been my good fortune.
It’s that time of the year again, a cross-over point into the next eighth-part of the Wheel of the Year. This impending crossover day is Lammas, or Lughnasadh. Let’s be fashionable and call it Lammas for brevity’s sake.
So, what is Lammas all about? Well, traditionally the revivalist pagans talk about the traditions that we until recently maintained relating to the celebration of the bountiful harvest – The Harvest Festival normally occurs in September, but already we are beginning to gather in the fruits of the summer.
Some schools in the UK still seem to have held onto this tradition where the demographic allows, and some of the smaller villages still mark this point in some way if they have a strong enough farming community and spirit. Neo-pagans also talk about the concept of sacrifice – the sacrifice of John Barleycorn, a personification of the harvest who has to be killed in order to be re-born as the new crop of the following year.
I came across a wonderful tune from The Imagined Village- a folk supergroup whose work I adore – which expresses anew the old tale of John Barleycorn, and it’s worth ten or more listens:
I’m a bit “previous” with all this harvest stuff, but in energetic terms this is the time to begin to gather in all the last of the summer’s strong energies and put them to good use. In terms of my own crops it’s been a dismal year for most things, despite the sun. The dry ground coupled with a plague of insects in Spring has meant very slow growth for most of my fruiting and flowering crops. Still, I’m grateful for anything that Nature provides because the quality of the taste more than makes up for the small amounts that a vegetable plot and a few hanging baskets can provide. M and I ate some of our tomatoes yesterday that tasted heavenly, and you just can’t buy that succulent home-grown taste.
Traditionally, Lammas is celebrated by visits to fields, orchards, lakes and holy wells. Which is nice, and I’ll be doing some of that. I was at Lyn Cau below Cadair Idris at the weekend, and will be visiting a lot of fields this weekend when I go looking for crop circles in Wiltshire.
In terms of magic and energy work the idea is to offer thanks, honour ancestors, and thank sentient energies for their assistance in the prosperity and abundance of the food crop; their generosity with their guidance and energies; and the continued success of all your magical interactions and connections. It’s a time for giving a little back that you might have been making good use of in your enjoyment of the summer months when powers have been at their height.
Lammas for Hedge Druids
What does Lammas mean for Hedge Druids? Well, I can’t say what it means for other hedge druids, because by our nature we are quite solitary people, i suspect, and I’ve never met anyone identifying themselves as a hedge druid. Being evasive today, aren’t I? What does it mean for me as a hedge druid, then? Now we’re talking! I can’t really say until I go out this weekend and dowse around for a power centre, sit in it, and meditate to find out what Nature intends for me in the next few weeks. I do, however, have my own ideas as to what this part of the year means though, so here are some things I hope to be working on soon, and which relate to the Lammas period:-
- Re-engaging with the spirits- I will be thanking them for their efforts in making this year so much fun, and seeing if there is anything I need to give back in return.
- Crop circle visits – This time of year sees the culmination of the crop circle phenomenon. Circles are being created frequently at this time, but in the next few weeks they will all be cut out and very few new ones will be created, if this year’s formations go by the same pattern (ha!) as every other year. There’s no guarantee of course!
- Working with water- we have realised that we have neglected water as an energy source, so Kal and I will be dowsing for the properties of water, and working with it energetically over the next few months.
Oh, and one final thing. I will be eating lots of apples. We are, after all, living on the Isle of Apples, and this has a particularly strong connection with Manannán mac Lir and Lugh. What a golden and delicious way to celebrate!
The Hedge Druid blog has reached 300 posts! Thanks to those of you who are reading our posts regularly, everyone who has contributed to the comments section, and to casual visitors who may just happen on by. We hope you are enjoying the journey along The Path. Our experiences seem to resonate with many of you.
Since late 2008 we have delivered three hundred almost-believable, sometimes vaguely interesting pieces of information to you all. For Kal and I the blog began as a means of recording our experiences whilst out dowsing, and for me particularly it was a means to record the cross-over that I was experiencing with my newly-emerging interest in druidry. Since then we have developed spiritually and the metaphorical goal-posts have shifted somewhat.
It has been to my personal delight that you have followed our progress in increasing numbers. Good on you, but shouldn’t you be out in a field kissing a flower or something? Only kidding. It’s great to have you here, and we hope that our exploits inspire you to try some of the unusual things we get up to for yourself. You’ll notice we often leave the detail for you to work out for yourself? That’s deliberate.
Two years after we started blogging we have hit a major milestone. I feel like we readers of this blog are a small band of Spartans facing the hordes of rationalist unbelievers in their many guises and poking them sternly in the eye with experiential evidence. Of course, we’re all mad. We need to acknowledge that, If anyone asks, you don’t believe a word of this, right?
Over that time we have indeed covered many esoteric and “flaky” subjects: crop circles, crystals, healing with energy, earth energy lines, coincidences, elemental spirits, ghosts, power centres…and many more that I can’t bring to mind but which make me muse and ponder. We aim to test them all in time.
Over that few years we’ve been spending less time dowsing and more time on energy work/magick. Dowsing has currently (and unfairly) been relegated to an aide to our other work. In the near future we’re going to go back to re-investigating the dowsing principles because we think there’s more to learn from that. Expect some updates to the Sacred Sites page with its map of energies. Expect some new ideas to emerge from our findings.
Here is just a flavour of some of the topics we will be covering soons:-
- Lammas – what it means to me and what I will be doing
- Crop circles – our ideas about where they come from and who’s making them, and how they are made, and what their importance might be
- Stone circles – are they schools for passing on mystical information?
- The newly-discovered wood henge near Stonehenge – our first dowse of it
- The power of numbers : five, seven and eleven
Hope you’ll stay with us for the next three hundred. Charge!!!!!!