Posts Tagged ‘powers of the staff’
In a previous post I talked about the recently discovered information concerning my staff. I had discovered that it had acquired some powers courtesy of the Elemental |Masters that I had encountered at Tinkinswood Chamber near Cardiff. After doing a tarot reading I discovered the nature of those powers. To recap those powers were:-
- Earth – the power to inscribe glyphs and symbols into the earth, and to cast circles.
- Water – the power to energise and invigorate existing energy
- Fire – the power to re-kindle energy where there is none, resurrection of energy
- Air – the power to sweep energy away, to cleanse a place of energy
- I decided that one fine evening, just before it got dark, I would use the fading light of a dry and relatively warm evening to find a place in which I could practise these powers and discover their extent, how they worked and how they might supplement any existing magickal skills I might already have as a practising druid.
To find a suitable place I dowsed for a direction and a distance. I got a north-easterly direction and somewhere within a five-mile radius. I knew what features were in that area – my local hill. I used the dowsing rods to confirm my feeling that a sandstone base was the best ground to test these powers out on. Indeed it was – a perfect mixture of crystalline texture and neutral base. I knew my local hill was at the end of a long sandstone ridge, and that somewhere on that hill would be a perfect place to test these powers out.
Did these powers that I imagined were in the staff really exist? How could they be used and called upon? How well would they work? Time to find out!