Posts Tagged ‘shining ones’
Okay, just in case you haven’t got the other 4 related posts on this, here is a link (Knights Pilgrimage) to them. Excellent! Now continue….
Steps of the Pilgrims
Let’s start with a recap.
- I was waylayed by my Totem into going on a pilgrimage that I hadn’t needed or planned for, impromptu you might say.
- Then I found a couple who were lost in the Forest of Dean.
- I, with reluctance on their part, helped them find their way out.
- Only to find that, in all the forest, both our cars were parked within feet of each other.
- The importance was the fact that they had been lost.
- Then it was off to the Merry Maidens (only 5 hours away!) to have a dream about the Dragon and the Phoenix
- Then a realisation that this was something that I had lost from the quest, an opportunity to create a Knights Crest.
- The next day I was off to Tintagel, where a vision of Cailleach told me that I needed to accept help from a Knight.
And now, I had just arrived at Glastonbury from Tintagel. It was 3.30pm in the afternoon and I was stiff from all that time in the car. Grabbing some food I headed to the place I knew I wanted to be. The Chalice Well gardens. I get lucky with that place often, i.e. the whole garden to myself. This was no exception. I didn’t need to dowse for my power spot in here. It was beneath the hawthorn tree. I sat and meditated for a good half-hour. Feeling thoroughly relaxed and refreshed. I had closed my the whole time and when I finished them I looked in front of me and there were three people sat there facing me.
Okay… now that is freaky. Two ladies and a gent were sat in front of me, some ten feet away and meditating too. I kind-of gave a bit of a cough and one of the ladies, opened her eyes. She smiled at me (fortunately not one of those psycho-killer smiles) and I smiled back (un-encouragingly).
“We saw the energy coming out of you,” she said quietly, not disturbing the others. “Ah, okay,” I said, thinking, what energy? Her companions had also come out of their meditation now and were smiling disconcertingly at me. “Yes,” the other woman said. “You were radiating like the sun.” Er, ok, I replied, I didn’t notice.
The man asked me whether I was a healer, I replied that I occasionally dabbled. He told me that I had a gift for it and that I should share it. Seriously? Career advice?
“Thank you,” I told him, “but I think it was more the trees energy than mine.”
“Ah yes, of course it was, we are but the channel.”
“We are indeed,” I intoned as I hastened from the gardens.
There have been many wild and fantastic suggestions and theories about the coming of the group known enigmatically as The Shining Ones. Some “theorists” have said that they were so called because they gave off an unearthly light, or that they were extra-terrestrial visitors who came down to give knowledge to the human race to move them out of savagery and into civilisation, and that they established the concept of kingship because the savages they encountered viewed them as gods from another world. Maybe this was actually what the people believed, but we can never know this from archaeology or any written source. Instead, their influence is only fleetingly spoken of, and the last remaining scant written evidence is from the Irish myths of the Tuatha De Danaan.
This group of people are known by many names: The Shining Ones, The Tuatha De Danaan, The Annunaki, The Great White Brotherhood, or The Ascended Masters. Of course, each of those who is a devotee of these subjects will argue that they are subtly different, but the idea of ancient hidden knowledge being carried through to our own time is the essence of each of those designated groups, irrespective of their supposed sources or incarnations.
My quest has been to get back beyond the time of the Druids to the source of the megalithic structures, or certainly the inspiration for their design. To do this the only tool I have available is dowsing – no amount of scholarly research is going to reveal anything that isn’t utterly without a duality of meaning and a massive degree of interpretation. Besides – we simply do not have any written knowledge from those times, and I am talking about before 3000 B.C.E.
I am interested in understanding stone circles and other megalithic structures – how they work who made them, why they were made, and for what purposes they were built. The only method I have available is a blend of gnosis, intuition, and the application of rationality after a collection of knowledge has been obtained.
It may strike you as a completely illegitimate and unreliable means to recreate this lost knowledge, but the tool of dowsing is capable of allowing us to tune into the flow of the universal consciousness and retrieve knowledge. Using these tools I have re-constructed the following pieces of knowledge concerning this shadowy group known to us as The Shining Ones. Take from it what you wish – discard anything you do not trust, or cannot verify for yourself. Dismiss anything you don’t instinctively apprehend as having a high probability of being true. How can you tell? You can’t – it’s all guesswork, but over the years I have developed a sense of trust in my dowsing responses, and that’s all I can offer in terms of validation.
After having established a degree of trust in my dowsing work with whatever the source of this knowledge might be, I felt it was time to try to work out who the Shining Ones might be, or at least to try to get some pointers on their influence in the process of megalith building. So Kal and I visited the Nine Stones Close circle, as it seemed to have the right kind of character to acquire knowledge from.
Here is what I found out after having “unlocked” the power centres at Nine Stones Close stone circle, and then dowsed about the Shining Ones:
- Shining Ones were human, they lived before Druids, and there are none around today
- Although they discovered the way to harness the properties of the earth, they did so not for its worship, but for the benefits they could extract from doing so. They supplied the knowledge of how to build the megalithic structures – the template, the basic mathematics, the sacred geometry, the planetary alignments – but they used the cover story of worship in order to motivate the populous to help them to build these structures.
- They installed the concept of kingship in human society
- The Druid Orders, then The Knights Templar, and finally the Freemasons were the inheritors and protectors of their secrets. This is against Nature, as no knowledge should be denied to those who may comprehend it. Those who cannot understand will be shielded from it, if not its consequence.
- Our paths are not their paths, although there may be many crossing points. We can learn their lore, but we should not follow their teachings.
- The Shining Ones understood the workings of Nature.
- These people were influential from the period of 5500 bce up until 150 bce. The Druids came after them and inherited much of their knowledge and status.
- They were not in any way connected with extra-terrestrial beings- they were learned human beings who received their knowledge from Nature through processes of Gnosis and meditation and the use of their megalithic structures to induce connectivity and trance.
The Matthews categorise any being within the Otherworld as being “Shining Ones”. Does that take the shine off their special status? Not if we examine the myths surrounding the appearance of this group of people – in these myths their status is exemplary: they are the bringers of truth, wisdom, knowledge, law, and skills. All of these are brought to the uncivilised groups living in the northern hemisphere spanning from Ireland across the Celtic landscape and into the Indes.
That is about it for the information we have about them. As one might expect from a time when written records were minimal, and considering all of the great literary losses our race has endured over the centuries (e.g. The Library of Alexandria), coupled with the sense that the written medium was only beginning to be introduced when this supposed race of people appeared, then we are unlikely to be able to verify any of this with factual material. What we are left with is more questions than answers. I only hope that through my dowsing work I can at least begin to scratch the surface of the intentions and origins of these historically and mythologically important people.
References to Shining Ones:
Excerpts from The Book of Leinster about the Tuatha De Danaan
- “The Shining Ones” – by Christian and Barbara Joy O’Brien [buy]
- “The Ancient and Shining Ones” – by Deanna J. Conway [buy]
- “The Shining Ones: The World’s Most Powerful Secret Society” – by Philip Gardiner [buy or view in Google Books]
- Learning from History – Part 1 [link]
- A typically vague description provide here.
Section 7. Summary of the Year
In order to organise our thoughts Kal and I came up with some questions the answers to which we hoped might summarise the way that year has gone for us – what were the bits we expected, what exceeded our expectations, and which things arose to meet us on this path that we didn’t anticipate? Here are my answers to this year’s questions.
What did I think I was going to learn?
- Whether specific periods of the year are more energetic than others, and whether those periods align to the calendrical eight-fold year.
- How stone circles work in terms of their energy
- Whether specific geology affects the energetic responses from sites
By the summer of 2009 I had already established to my satisfaction that there was a difference in the strengths of energies at the Spring Equinox and Summer Solstice. I was sure that there was more powerful sun energy (i.e. stronger male energy) at the Summer Solstice. The Spring and Autumn Equinoxes were very similar in strength, and were a balance of male and female earth energies. At the Winter Solstice the male energies were very weak, as was the Sun. The female energies fluctuated only in relation to the strength of the Moon and the input from nearby trees, again weaker in Winter.
Determining any objective means of measurement was difficult, as our own energy levels seemed to be a factor in how well we could dowse or do energy work at a site, however a scale of measurement (strength from 1-10) seemed to work for the purposes of obtaining some data that could be compared between sites. The solstice and equinox dates depended upon the quality of the Sun to determine the amount of additional energy was at the site compared to our visits to them on other dates.
The Celtic Festival dates (Lammas, Beltane, Samhain and Imbolc) in between those times were much harder to figure out. These dates seems to depend upon the position of the Moon for their effects upon ancient sites., rather than the Sun’s effect. I will be posting much more on this soon, complete with a table of the relative energy levels at various sites dowsed this year.
We have kept a weather-eye on the geology of sites whilst dowsing this year. It started for me in Carnac when I discovered that the stone rows were placed along a shelf of rock quite different from the surrounding geology of the rest of the nearby coastline. We have concurred with the popular dowsing theory that geological faulting is important to the situation of ancient sites, as is often the presence of water, but we do not wholly agree with the necessity of water (or a ‘blind spring’ formation) being present at all ancient neolithic sites. Some major sites such as Stonehenge and The Rollright Stones do have this water formation, however, and we think these popular sites may have led to the popularity of the idea amongst the dowsing fraternity that such a formation is necessary to a strong energy site. We do not find this to be true.
What’s been the surprise?
- Crop circles being designed by some intelligence beyond the confines of this planet – expected them to be of human design and manufacture.
- The energetic and healing potential of running water – Pistyll Rhaeadr and Viktor Schauberger convinced me of this at different ends of the year. At Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall my wife’s twisted ankle was healed in minutes. Later I read Schauberger’s theories on the properties of water and I understood how this could have come about.
- A spiritual pilgrimage being worthwhile doing, and not some soulless religious historical trail as I had imagined it to be.
- Astrology - There is a correlation, a link, between the relative positions of the stars and a human being. My natal chart is stunningly accurate in assessing my personality traits. Kal and I have also discovered that we are energetically linked to particular planets – Kal to Mercury and myself to Venus. We are more energetically ‘loaded’ or ‘charged’, and more energy work is possible, when our respective planets are visible. I have tracked this since the beginning of the year and have each dowsing response confirms this.
- Elemental beings and cloud sylphs – I see some this year on four separate occasions and each time I was stunned by the effect – this was no mere simulacrum. Seeing faces in the clouds must be the third and conclusive qualifying factor in any signs of madness developing – that much I do appreciate, but nevertheless, they have been present at quite specific times of high energy.
Section 6 : Esoteric learning
Originally I called this section ‘Miscellaneous’ but on reading back through it again I thought that moniker did it a dis-service, because the information in here is really more about various pieces of esoteric learning that I have come across in the last year. Each piece is a piece of a larger puzzle. Each piece offers a tiny glimpse of this larger picture that I recognise now as Nature.
Many of the topics I had dismissed long ago when I had first looked at them in my youth. Coming back to them in later years, with more knowledge, more access to knowledge, and greater resources available to me, I have found that most of the topics have some element of value to me. I am always aware, however, that each subject in itself could consume a person and drive them to distraction, so I take their practical essence, learn some basic techniques or practice, then leave the wilder and wider areas to those who wish to become absorbed by them. To me they are all pieces of a larger puzzle.
6-1. Crop circles: Definitely something odd about them. Created using earth energies, and designed by some other unknown motivational force which seems to be external to the Earth (‘extra-terrestrial’ being in the sense of some intelligence that is not born of this planet, whatever that may be). I participated in some way in the triggering of the creation of a crop circle’s formation somehow when I passed by the place where one would shortly come to be produced. The site was in between two established earth energy sites on a ley line that I had visited that same day. Crop circles patterns are made to trigger a revelation in human consciousness, Whether this be on an individual or a more global basis is as yet unknown.
6-2. Tarot cards: I tried the tarot cards again properly this year, and under the guidance of Kal, who had learned them thoroughly. What I was surprised to learn was that they are a useful means of obtaining more information about the qualities and intentions of the sentient energies that we encounter. They are not, as we originally thought, the product of a deranged imagination. As one might expect they also are capable of reflecting one’s own psychology very well too, and have been a valuable tool for self-analysis. However, I use them sparingly, and am quite appalled sometimes by their accuracy. I started using a Celtic Cross formation, but went on to devise my own layouts for the cards, as befitted the situation I was asking about. I now exclusively use the Druidcraft Tarot from Stephanie & Philip Carr-Gomm, only because the symbols make sense to me.
6-3. Salute of the Sun: Both Kal and I have observed separately and together a phenomenon that we call “The Salute of the Sun”. This refers to the sun coming out when we do something that progresses us along our spiritual path. For example, we may be visiting a stone circle on a cloudy dull day, but the moment we make our connection with Nature during meditation, and then ask a question whose answer indicates a new direction or an answer that will help us know more about a subject, then we have noticed that the Sun comes out from impossible angles to shine upon us. This has happened so often now that we can no longer simply call it coincidence. As we have trained ourselves to recognise significant signs, we feel this is the most significant, as it is never “looked for”, but always makes us feel reassured, and we smile to ourselves.
6-4. Intuition: Following intuition has guided us very well this year. There is little point in trying to intellectualise this. Something that started out as something to try has become something of a waymarker on our spiritual path. If we follow intuition it guides us well. If we ignore it then we have to work much harder to achieve things. If we follow it, new opportunities appear – if we ignore it they close off. Simple as that.
6-5. Sacred Geometry: Gardens and building designed by noted Freemasons contain elements of sacred number and geometry that enhance the energetic potential of their sites. They encode these principles and retain the ability to attract people, power, good fortune and wealth. This is the art of Feng Shui in action. This has informed us that there was a knowledge of the power of place and energy in the Western Mystery Tradition as well as the Eastern, and that it was highly active until quite recently, in the 20th Century, when these principles were seemingly ignored and “sick” buildings began to be built.
6-6. The Shining Ones: Whoever the Shining Ones were their principles of geometry and sacred site building are inherent in the design of ancient sites. When we dowse about the influence of this little-known group of humans upon the design of ancient sites it always comes back that their principles were encoded in the designs, but that they were not personally or directly involved in the building of most of the ‘provincial’ sites. We still have to check whether they were involved in the building of the major sites, such as Stonehenge. Still a mystery!
6-7. Healing With Water: Hydrotherapy has less to do with the mineral qualities of water, than with the energy generated from its source, the amount of light it is subjected to, and its movement. This concurs with my research of Viktor Schauberger’s work, as he notes that the movement of the water is paramount in determining its qualities. The amount of radiant energy that the water consumes seems also to be highly relevant – the sunlight and moonlight appears to affect the healing qualities of water greatly.
6-8. Orbs: I never gave Orbs a second thought until I photographed a few accidentally. They keep being photographed on power centres in sacred sites. We don’t know what relevance they have right now, but we will have to do some more research into this topic. They cannot simply be dismissed as specks of dust, or the reflections of light on the camera lens. I took two identical pictures a second apart (guided by intuition) of the chamber inside West Kennett Long Barrow in identical conditions. One has no Orb, the other shows one quite clearly! This, I cannot explain.
6-9. Animal interest: Rather annoyingly cows are over-actively interested in dowsing, for some reason. This has disrupted our dowsing trips on a few occasions because if you let them they’ll come right over and actively interfere with the dowsing process, blocking your path, chasing you away, nudging your arms. It’s quite strange! What DO they think they’re doing?
6-10. Sound and colour frequency: At Long Meg stone circle we proved to ourselves that it is possible to correlate sound frequencies with the chakra rainbow spectrum of frequencies, thus demonstrating to us a correspondence between light and sound frequencies. Interesting, but has led us nowhere else yet.
6-11, Crystals: As well as being able to transform energy from the earth into a subtle energetic form (possibly via the action of water), they also have the power to concentrate that energy and store it. This makes crystals almost indispensable when working with subtle earth and radiant energies. I intend to study this further to try to describe this quality of crystals in a much more scientific way, but for now I merely want to point these qualities out, as this is the truly important information.