Posts Tagged ‘techniques’
My quest for the previous part of the Wheel of the Year (Solstice to Lammas) was to open my Third Eye. This was quite a hefty challenge, I felt, and Kal had said to me several times (with blowing of cheeks, and shrugging of shoulders) that it would be a lot to attempt in the few weeks between “spokes” of The Wheel. So it turned out to be. The Third Eye opening quest turns out to be something that I need to work on for the whole of the remainder of the year. It’s a “half year” quest that will take me up to Yule.
The quest began to take full effect in July. I felt that July was a “good time” to try opening my Third Eye. I took this process to mean that I would be attempting to find ways to enhance my spirituality, to increase my psychic awareness, divinatory capabilities, and to enhance my visions. As I ventured into the month of July the first thing I noticed was this news article about the increase in solar activity forecasted for the month of July:-
“Electromagnetic activity from the sun affects our electronic devices and human electromagnetic field. We are physically, mentally, and emotionally altered by electromagnetic charges from the sun, our body can feel sleepy but also become highly energized.
Psychological effects of CMEs (coronal mass ejections) are typically short lived and include headache, palpitations, mood swings, and feeling generally unwell. Chaotic or confused thinking, and erratic behaviors also increase. Solar storms can drive our emotions and maximize it to both good and bad side – the point here is to be aware of it.
The pineal gland in our brain is also affected by the electromagnetic activity which causes the gland to produce excess melatonin, a hormone which can cause sleepiness but it’s also known that some people have opposite side effects, usually those that are aware of the effects.” (source: thewatchers.adorraeli.com)
Now, I know a thing or two about the pineal gland. Our old friend Dr Serena Roney-Dougal gives a good account of the pineal gland in her book “Where Science and Magic Meet“. If there was a time in the year when I could benefit from increased pineal gland activity then it would seem that it would be when the sun was particularly active too. And that was July (and into August, it turned out). The coincidence seemed … fortuitous at least, pre-ordained at best.
I began to think about what things would help me enhance my third-eye opening. I had already discovered a number of techniques that I think would enhance such work:-
- Chanting the “i” vowel sound to tune and open the third-eye chakra point
- Facing a source of light (sunlight) with your eyes closed but looking at the point where the Third Eye is located
- Imagining a spiralling bridge connection to whatever the focus is (the Open Portal technique)
In practise, here are the things I have found that are useful specifically to promote the activity of remote viewing, which is an activity that I have concentrated on most as a means to open the Third Eye:-
- Being in a altered state of consciousness, grounding and centering
- Having either strong sun or full moon energy available
- Transferring my vision into an imaginary hawk that is flying over the place that I want to remotely view
Here are some examples of how my third-eye powers have been increasing whilst using these techniques:-
- Seeing the aura of a gnome, and of the Spirit of Place at Penmaenmawr
- Sensing the location of spirit forms even when i can’t see them visually – Moel Ty Uchaf’s spirit of place, and the dog spirit in Sherwood Forest (via sense of smell)
- Getting stronger and clearer visualisations, and being able to see the location of the object being shown to me via an energy bridge/connection path or as an aerial view of a hawk
Third-Eye Quest Tarot Reading
As I often do when I am at a major decision point, or facing a quest that needs the kind of enquiry that cannot be reduced to a simple binary “Yes” or “No” answer, I turned to the tarot cards to explain some aspects of the quest I was facing. Here are the cards that I drew in response to specific questions held in mind as I drew:-
- WHAT DO I NEED TO TAKE INTO THE PROCESS? – The Great Bear (Arthur – leadership, power of the land)
- WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE? – 6 of Vessels (Reunion) and Page of Stones (Lynx)
- WHAT WILL HELP ME MAKE THE CHANGE? - 4 of Bows (Celebration), 8 of Stones (Skill), 2 of Stones (Challenge)
- WHAT WILL THE OUTCOME BE? – Ace of Arrows (Breath of Life), Queen of Vessels (Salmon)
Some recurring cards there, as previous draws recorded on this blog will attest. From this reading I drew several important pieces of information:-
- I need to go somewhere where I can connect to the land in order to begin this process – somewhere connected to King Arthur.
- 6 of Vessels is talking about re-uniting with old memories and resolving them. Like Kal has done – to go into the past to absolve an old memory of energy.
- Something physical at a mound is suggested,
- I will overcome a challenge using skill at a time of celebration (or the effects of celebration – joy -will be the key to unlocking the ability).
- Wisdom and the Breath of Life are the rewards of opening the Third Eye
Armed with this useful information I felt empowered to take the quest further when it came to the Lammas Festival date – August 1st. In my forthcoming post about that you will see how the tarot card interpretations fitted into that day’s places and events.
On the odd occasion we have mentioned and discussed Leprechaun energy. Our first ever mentioning of this rather disturbing energy was on our trip to Ireland. Although we have given it a name particular to the Emerald Isle that should not be taken an as anything other than a name.
Essentially Leprechaun energy is a ‘negative’ energy that attaches to people. It might have been picked up from an environment or from other people.
Attaches might be the wrong word to use here as I am increasingly of the opinion that energies don’t attach but rather balance or alter our energy to another frequency. So it might be more appropriate to say that a person has been in an environment that has altered their energy frequency to one that is not benign.
My reason for bringing this topic back to the fore is that for the last 5 days I have been feeling very under the weather both emotionally and physically. As well as suffering from a lack of energy and a serious amount of things not going my way.
After a meditation in a Yew energised power center in my room I was given the insight to do some dowsing. As a side note, one of the peculiar things I have found of late is that I am able to dowse in my room. Up until now Gwas and I have had difficulty dowsing in our homes. Particularly for non-energy related questions. However my current residence is flooded with Yew tree energy from a couple of magnificent specimens just outside of my window. This has/is allowing me to dowse more fruitfully in my room. On with the tale…
I dowsed some initial questions thus…
- Am I infected with Leprechaun energy? Yes
- How long for? 5 days.
As this point I gained a flash of intuition. I had wanted to go to Glastonbury at the weekend but at every turn I was deflected. Traffic jams, getting lost, and just plain weirdness prevented me. At the time I didn’t think to wonder why my plans where being thwarted. Now I knew! Leprechaun energy!
I wondered as to where I had picked up this energy…
- Was it from someplace I had been? No
- Was it from someone I knew? Yes
- Someone at work? No
- Someone in town? No
Hmmm…I puzzled on this for a few moments. Who did I think was a carrier of Leprechaun energy? Well, my brother and sisters where definitely in a depressed state. So I asked whether it was any of them? The answer was fast swing to YES.
Apparently the source was my younger sister with whom I had speaking alot over the phone (ostensibly family counselling). I thought that she had infected my other sister and brother, but the rods said otherwise. They, in their own right, were carriers too. Holy Zarquon Singing Fish!
Still it was surprising because I had not had any physical contact with them. I asked the rods if Leprechaun energy could latch onto a person via the phone? Yes. Via any kind of communication link?
Here the rods wobbled and so another question formed. Any kind of link that you are actually communicating across emotionally? Yes.
Wow! What an interesting finding. A further question revealed an interesting answer. Does Leprechaun energy (and by inference good energy) travel a comm link just as good as if you were in physical proximity? No. Some more ‘levels’ dowsing revealed that being in physical proximity was 3 times as bad as over a distance.
Of course this is one of those areas that can have a lifetime of exploration. But the above is enough for me at the moment. Now it was time to get rid of this darned energy! Being at home, I had all the tools to hand, crystals, incense, singing bowl, Yew tree energy. What was I going to need?
Apparently our ‘usual’ exploding energy ball would suffice, which led me to determine what energy level was this Leprechaun energy? A level 8! Wow and it wouldn’t take much to get rid of it. Was this a sign of some ‘power’ growth in me? Some, yes. But it was more to do with the fact that although the ‘level’ of energy was high. The ‘stickiness’ of it wasn’t (3).
Here are the simple steps for doing an energy explosion…
- Get into a mind quiet, meditative state
- Go deep inside yourself until you reach a core that is you, only you.
- Rapidly drawing energy into this core until it builds and explodes outwards taking any ‘foriegn’ energy with it.
Dowsing confirmed that the Leprechaun energy had been totally obliterated. A fantastic feeling and I was feeling better immediately (obviously the placebo – haha).
I made a note to self, when communicating with my family…lots of protection.